Orion® 950 (replaced the MMI-1100)
The Orion 950 Smart Moisture Meter is the pinnacle achievement of the Orion line. Designed for professional wood flooring installers/inspectors, quality control managers as well as restoration professionals.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION :
- Bluetooth® App Enabled
- Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- Dew Point Calculations
- Equilibrium Moisture Content
- Grains Per Pound/Kilogram Mode
- Data CollectionDual Depth Measurements
- IntelliSense™ Technology
- Fast Selection Species Settings
- Non-Damaging Pinless Sensor
- Virtually Unaffected by Temperature
- On-Site Calibration
- Relative Moisture Measurement Mode
- Press to Hold Readings
- Programmable Alarm
- 7-Year Warranty
- Ruggedized Protective Rubber Boot and Hard Case
The Orion line of wood moisture meters continues Wagner’s 50-plus year tradition of providing accurate, dependable non-damaging pinless moisture measurement technology, measuring IN the wood not just ON the wood, and backed by Wagner’s industry-leading 7-year warranty.
The Orion 950 Smart Moisture Meter is the pinnacle achievement of the Orion line. Designed for professional wood flooring installers/inspectors, quality control managers as well as restoration professionals, who need superior accuracy, versatility, data collection, compatibility, and ruggedness in their critical moisture measurement instruments.
The Orion 950 has all the features of the 940 plus it adds:
The Orion 950 interacts through Bluetooth technology with a free mobile app for your Android or Apple smart device. The app is available on either Google Play or iTunes. You can receive and record data, set specifications for separate jobs, and much more!
Temperature and Humidity Sensor
Get the ambient temperature and relative humidity (RH) measurements of any room the Orion 950 is in with its built-in sensor. It’s like having a Smart Logger™ and a moisture meter all in one!
Dew Point Calculations
Throw out your calculator because the Orion 950 will calculate the dew point of the environment for you. Utilizing the built-in temperature and humidity sensor the Orion 950 will calculate and display the current dew point whenever and wherever you need.
Equilibrium Moisture Content
The Orion 950 will also calculate if a wood specimen is at the critical threshold where it has reached its equilibrium with the environment and will no longer gain or lose moisture. The equilibrium moisture content (EMC) will tell you when your wood floor or wood projects are ready for installation or fabrication.
Grains Per Pound/Kilogram Mode
Grains per pound/kilogram (GPP/GPK) is a more precise measurement to know the exact weight of water vapor that is in the surrounding air. The Orion 950 will calculate and display instantly the grains per pound/kilogram, also known as the specific humidity of the air, compared to relative humidity.
Each Orion 950 Smart Pinless Wood Moisture Meter with Temperature/RH comes with the following:
- 1 x Orion 950 Smart Pinless Wood Moisture Meter with built-in temperature/RH sensor
- 1 x Paired On-Demand Calibrator
- 1 x Rubber Protective Boot
- 1 x Foam-lined ABS Plastic Carrying Case
- 1 x 9V Battery
Dimensions with Boot:
- Length: 5.75 inches (146mm)
- Width: 3.0 inches (76mm)
- Thickness: 1.0 inches (25mm)
Weight with Boot:
- 7.2 oz. (204g)
- 2.0 inches (50mm) x 2.5 inches (63mm)
- 9-volt battery (Wagner recommends using non-rechargeable Alkaline or Lithium or rechargeable NiMH batteries)
Auto Power Shut-Down:
- 60 seconds
- MC for wood: 4.0% to 32.0% (range will vary slightly depending on species setting)
- Relative Measurement Scale: 0-100
Orion 950 Measurement Ranges:
- Ambient Temperature: 32˚F to +110˚F (0˚C to +43˚C)
- Ambient Relative Humidity: 0% to 100%
- Equilibrium Moisture Content Measurement Range: 0-40.7%
- Dew Point: -85˚F to +110˚F (-65˚C to +43˚C)
- Absolute Humidity: 0 to 431.1 lb/ft (0 to 61.6 kg/m)
Specific Gravity Range for Wood Species:
- 0.20-1.0 SG
Storage Temperature and Humidity:
- +50˚F to +90˚F (+10˚C to +32˚C), Maximum relative humidity of 95%, Non-condensing
Operating Temperature Range:
- +32˚F to +110˚F (+0˚C to +43˚C)